Without motivation, you cannot achieve anything. How can you? You need to have goals and a purpose to achieve, and before doing this you need to know what motivation is.
When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” Eric Thomas
So, What is motivation?
Motivation clarifies a goal
– when you are motivated you have a desire to change your life for the better.
Motivation sets your priorities in life
– once you know what your goal is, motivation is going to enable you to prioritise what you need to do to achieve this.
Motivation breaks down walls
– there is no such thing as an easy route to hit your goals. You will doubt your goal being worth the effort, everyone does, but motivation will step in and push you on.
Motivation will teach you perseverance
– like the above, you are always going to come across setbacks in life, but motivation helps you overcome any obstacles.
There is no such thing as failure, only learning.
Motivation fights against fear
– the fear of failure is so common, so much so that it can literally stop you from acting and starting something. Motivation is having the attitude that no matter how hard it is going to be, you are going to do it anyway.
Motivation builds self-confidence
– once you are motivated, your confidence will skyrocket. Once you have broken down walls and have no fear, you get a sense of accomplishment that you will want to continue.
Motivation attracts the right people towards you
– if you have ever met someone who is completely motivated, you’ll agree that their mindset is inspiring. You will want to align with their energy, which in turn will help build your own motivation.
Motivation inspires others
– if you have ever been in a room with a self-motivated individual, you instantly feel like you can achieve anything purely because of their positivity and can-do attitude. It elevates your own levels,
strive to be this person for others around you.
Motivation in Life:
Motivation is crucial in every aspect of life. When you decide on something, your decision is heavily influenced by your motivational state. For example, if you were training to be a professional footballer, your motivation is going to impact the amount of effort you put it, resulting in overachieving or underachieving.
Motivation is a term that is used every day to describe why a person does something, and it is the driving force to everything you do. The question is always WHY?
There are two types of motivations. You have extrinsic motivation which is focused on external rewards, whether this may be money, trophies, praise, or social recognition – all things that come from the outside. Intrinsic motivations are those that come from within, focused on the personal gratification element.
It is crucial to increase your motivation as it allows you to change your behaviour and outlook on life. It allows you to develop competencies, be creative, set goals, grow interests, make plans, and develop talents you may not even know you had.
Motivation in the Workplace:
Research on employee engagement in 2021 shows that nly 15% of employees are engaged at work. In the current working climate, with most people working from home and without continued motivation, many companies could end up in an extremely tricky position.
The success of any organisation is massively dependent on its employees. Of course, there are many other factors that contribute towards an organisation’s success, but without a dedicated and hardworking group at the heart of the business you would inevitably see a steady decline in performance.
Most working individuals will spend most of our life in the workplace, whether this is at home or surrounded by colleagues in an office environment. Who wants to stay at a job where they feel undervalued, unappreciated, or just like another cog in the machine?No one.
The ideal workplace should have that family feel and inclusive atmosphere, where everyone’s ideas and inputs are not only acknowledged, but valued too. Once employees start to feel like they have a valuable part to play, they are much more likely to go that extra mile to make sure their work is to the highest possible standard.
Motivation is Mantell Associates
At Mantell Associates, motivation is everything to each and every one of us. We are all striving towards the same goal –success– and we only work with clients and candidates that reflect this. Whether you are hiring for your team and you need someone who’s going to instil motivation and ensure success is achieved, or you’re looking for a new job opportunity within a motivated environment, please get in touch with the team here at Mantell Associates on +44 (0)20 3778 0990 and we will make sure success is guaranteed.